The valued Food Drink Devon Awards celebrate the very best Devon has to offer by recognising our most respected and influential artisan food and drink producers and establishments The Awards cover food production, preparation, retailing, cooking and service. Award winners will benefit from media recognition, as well as an excellent marketing tool and resultant increased sales.
Entries for the 2018 Awards are now OPEN to all Devon based food and drink businesses.
This year there are 7 main award categories:
- Devon Producer Taste Awards – for individual items produced by primary and secondary producers.
- Overall Best Devon Producer Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Overall Best Devon Producer Brand Representation Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Taste of Devon Hospitality – for restaurants, cafés, bistros, pubs and street food.
- Devon Retailer – for farm shops, delis, food halls, other food shops and online retailers.
- Best Farmers Market – open to all Farmers Markets across Devon.
- Best Training School – open to all Cookery/Training Schools across Devon.
- Food Drink Devon members - Entry is free for 2 products per company, then £20+ vat per additional product.
- Non-Members - £30+ vat per product (this will be discounted against the Food Drink Devon membership fee if becoming a member by the end of April 2018).
By entering the producer awards, the producers agree to forward their samples to Food Drink Devon by Monday 11 June 2018.
Silver, Gold and Platinum awards will be awarded to outstanding products entered in the Devon Producer Taste Awards and for those who wish to, you can enter your packaging and website to be judged for Best Devon Producer and the Best Devon Brand Representation Awards.
Taste of Devon Hospitality:
- Entry is free but a voucher is required to cover the cost of a 2 or 3 course meal for 2 with a drink each.
If entering the Café & Tearooms or Street Food categories, in order for our judges to remain anonymous, please make a payment to Food Drink Devon of £25, this will enable our judges to purchase a selection off your menu.
- Entry is free but a £20 voucher is required to cover the cost of purchasing a selection of goods.
Best Farmers Market:
- Entry is free, dates must be given in the entry form of when the market is open up to the end of July 2018.
Best Training School:
- Entry is free but a payment must be made to cover the cost of a course for one and dates given for availability up to the end of July 2018.
If you wish to enter more than one category you are required to provide the necessary vouchers for each.
Feedback reports will be available for a small fee.
This year’s final deadline for entries is Friday 20 April 2018.
Judging will take place over the following three months, with the awards ceremony taking place in October.
Apart from media recognition and the prestige of using award success in your marketing if you’re a winner, every entrant who chooses to can get valuable and constructive feedback on their entry. The independent panel of experienced judges will mystery shop the Taste of Devon and Devon Retailer entries, and blind-taste the Devon Producer entries. For the small investment of time to complete your entry, you can receive a confidential appraisal of your products and services as they are presented to your customers, helping you maintain and improve your quality standards.
Judging process & criteria
- Every eligible entry will be ‘mystery shopped’
- Feedback will be provided to everyone who wants it.
- Judges will be looking for use and promotion of Devon produce.
- Judges will evaluate the customer experience as well as the product itself.
- Entrants’ website, point-of-sale and staff knowledge will be evaluated.
- Judging will take place throughout the summer.
- The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in the Autumn.
Please address all correspondence and queries regarding the awards to Ali Neagle on email@example.com, or Telephone: 07789 666064
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your entry!