The valued Food & Drink Devon Awards celebrate the very best Devon has to offer by recognising our most respected and influential artisan food and drink producers and establishments The Awards cover food production, preparation, retailing, cooking and service. Award winners will benefit from media recognition, as well as an excellent marketing tool and resultant increased sales.
The awards are open to all Devon based food and drink businesses.
There are 7 main award categories:
- Devon Producer Taste Awards – for individual items produced by primary and secondary producers.
- Overall Best Devon Producer Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Devon Producer Packaging Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Taste of Devon Hospitality – for restaurants, cafés, bistros, pubs and street food.
- Devon Retailer – for farm shops, delis, food halls, farmers markets, other food shops and online retailers
- Best Farmers Market - open to all Farmers Markets across Devon
- Best Cookery School - open to all Cookery Schools across Devon
Silver, gold and platinum awards are awarded to outstanding products entered in the Devon Producer Taste Awards and producers may also enter their packaging and website to be judged for Best Devon Producer and the Best Packaging Awards.
Taste of Devon Hospitality:
A winner and runner up award is awarded in each category.
There will be a winner and runner up award in this category.
Judging process & criteria
- Every eligible entry will be ‘mystery shopped’
- Feedback will be provided to everyone who wants it.
- Judges will be looking for use and promotion of Devon produce.
- Judges will evaluate the customer experience as well as the product itself.
- Entrants’ website, point-of-sale and staff knowledge will be evaluated.
- Judging will take place throughout the summer.
- The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in the Autumn.
Please address all correspondence and queries regarding the awards to Ali Neagle on [email protected], or Telephone: 07789 666064