Food & Drink Devon 2017 Awards
The 2017 Awards are now OPEN for entries. Enter online under 2017 entry form or download entry forms below.
The valued Food & Drink Devon Awards celebrate the very best Devon has to offer by recognising our most respected and influential artisan food and drink producers and establishments The Awards cover food production, preparation, retailing, cooking and service.
Award winners will benefit from media recognition and the prestige of using award success in their marketing. Entrants can also receive valuable and constructive feedback on their products and services as they are presented to customers, helping you maintain and improve quality standards.
Entries for the Food & Drink Devon Awards 2017 are now open to all Devon based Food and Drink businesses.
This year there are 7 main award categories:
- Devon Producer Taste Awards – for individual items produced by primary and secondary producers.
- Overall best Devon Producer Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Devon Producer Packaging Award - for primary and secondary producers.
- Taste of Devon Hospitality – for restaurants, cafés, bistros, pubs and street food.
- Devon Retailer – for farm shops, delis, food halls, other food shops and online retailers.
- Best Farmers Market – open to all Farmers Markets across Devon.
- Best Cookery School – open to all Cookery School across Devon.
- Food & Drink Devon members - Entry is free for 2 products per company, then £20+ vat per additional product.
- Non-Members - £30+ vat per product (this will be discounted against the Food & Drink Devon membership fee if becoming a member by the end of April 2017).
By entering the producer awards, the producers agree to forward their samples to Food & Drink Devon by Monday 12 June 2017.
Silver, Gold and Platinum awards will be awarded to outstanding products entered in the Devon Producer Taste Awards and for those who wish to, you can enter your packaging and website to be judged for Best Devon Producer and the Best Packaging Awards.
Taste of Devon Hospitality:
- Entry is free but a voucher is required to cover the cost of a 2 or 3 course meal for 2 with a drink each.
If entering the Café & Tearooms or Street Food categories, in order for our judges to remain anonymous, please make a payment to Food & Drink Devon of £25, this will enable our judges to purchase a selection off your menu.
- Entry is free but a £20 voucher is required to cover the cost of purchasing a selection of goods.
Best Farmers Market:
- Entry is free, dates must be given in the entry form of when the market is open up to the end of July.
Best Cookery School:
- Entry is free but a payment must be made to cover the cost of a course for one and dates given for availability up to the end of July.
If you wish to enter more than one category you are required to provide the necessary vouchers for each.
Feedback reports will be available for the small fee of £20 inc vat per entry/product.
This year’s final deadline for entries is Friday 21 April.
Judging will take place over the following three months, with the awards ceremony taking place in October.
Apart from media recognition and the prestige of using award success in your marketing if you’re a winner, every entrant who chooses to can get valuable and constructive feedback on their entry. The independent panel of experienced judges will mystery shop the Taste of Devon and Devon Retailer entries, and blind-taste the Devon Producer entries. For the small investment of time to complete your entry, you can receive a confidential appraisal of your products and services as they are presented to your customers, helping you maintain and improve your quality standards.
Please address all correspondence and queries regarding the awards to Ali Neagle on email@example.com or Telephone: 07789 666064
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your entry!
follow @lovetheflavour on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram