Dry Goods and Ingredients available at F. Milford’s
Our selection of dry goods is very popular with our customers here in Devon. From dried fruit and nuts, to seeds and teas and coffees, we have a huge selection of quality products for them to choose from.
One of our most popular dry good ingredients are sunflower seeds. Our customers can use them in a multitude of dishes, from salads to freshly baked bread. They are also great as a healthy snack, sating hunger and providing vitamin E, magnesium and selenium, to name a few!
With summer’s imminent arrival, now is a great time to try out new, delicious recipes. Here we have one full of sunflower seeds and avocado, the perfect healthy salad.
Avocado and Sunflower seed salad:
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and a half tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 and a half tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 heads of little gem lettuce – ripped up
- 50g of sunflower seeds
- 2 avocados – peeled, stones removed and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the olive oil, both vinegars, garlic and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the lettuce and sunflower seeds together in a salad bowl, then toss with enough dressing to coat. Top with sliced avocado and serve.
This easy recipe is a delicious, healthy salad which can be enjoyed at any time, but we think that it would be especially good on a warm summer’s day.
Phone us today on 01392 274035, if you would like more information about the dry goods ingredients that we have available to order, or to arrange a local delivery to your business.
View listing page for F Milford & Sons Ltd