Summer vacancies for students at The Venus Cafes
Summer jobs for students available across all of The Venus Cafés (Blackpool Sands, Bigbury on Sea & East Portlemouth, South Devon).
Key Objective: to support the effective and efficient running of the cafés
Responsible to: Café manager / supervisor
The Venus Company is an award-winning beach café, takeaway and shop with four sites across Devon. This popular, family run business takes pride in sourcing excellent quality, local and healthy produce. The company’s quality commitment means successful applicants must have a passion for providing accurate and friendly service whilst ensuring customers are treated as valued guests throughout their stay.
- Ensuring the kitchen, café & dining area environment is pleasant and welcoming
- To provide excellent customer service, serving customers promptly & accurately and in a courteous and pleasant manner
- Preparing and serving food and drink orders accurately and efficiently as described in the company operations manual
- Ensuring food and drink served to customers is of the required high standard
- Checking orders have been correctly delivered
- To maintain a clean and tidy environment at all times in the café and outdoor seating areas
- Clearing tables according to the company operating procedures
- To assist with the open and close of the café, kitchen and outdoor seating area on a daily basis and as required
- To develop an in-depth knowledge of the products on offer and The Venus Company’s sustainability practices
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- To work in a way that is consistent with The Venus Company’s vision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional manner
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Positive, can do attitude
- Willingness to be flexible
- Attention to detail
- Enjoys working with others as a team
- Receptive and listens to others
Salaries and benefits: Normal hours of work will average a minimum of 40 hours per week. Pay rates depend upon age and experience but are above the National Minimum Wage to start. Full training, uniform and free staff meals are provided. Full (May–September) and part time (weekends year round) positions available.
All applicants must complete and return an application form and pre-employment medical questionnaire, which can be downloaded at www.lovingthebeach.co.uk or call in and pick them up from one of the cafés.
View listing page for Venus Takeaway at East Portlemouth