Entries for the Food Drink Devon Awards 2020 are now open to all Devon based Food and Drink businesses.
This year there are 7 main award categories:
- Producer Awards – for individual items produced by primary and secondary producers
- Overall Best Producer Award - for primary and secondary produc
- Hospitality Awards – for restaurants, hotels, cafés, bistros, pubs, bars and street food.
- Retailer Awards – for farm shops, delis, food halls, community shops, other food and drink shops and online retailers.
- Best Farmers Market – open to all Farmers Markets across Devon.
- Best Training School – open to all Cookery/Training Schools across Devon.
- Special Environmental Award – open to all entrants.
- Food Drink Devon members - Entry is free for 2 products per company, then £20+ vat per additional product.
- Non-Members - £30+ vat per product (this will be discounted against the Food Drink Devon membership fee if becoming a member by the end of April 2020).
By entering the producer awards, the producers agree to forward their samples to Food Drink Devon by Monday 8 June 2020. Producer Entry Form.
Silver, Gold and Platinum awards will be awarded to outstanding products and for those who wish to, you can enter for the Best Producer Award.
- Entry is free but a voucher is required to cover the cost of a 2 or 3 course meal for 2 with a drink each.
- If entering the Café & Tearooms or Street Food categories, in order for our judges to remain anonymous, please make a payment to Food Drink Devon of £25, this will enable our judges to purchase a selection off your menu. Hospitality Entry Form.
- Entry is free but a £30 voucher is required to cover the cost of our judges purchasing a selection of goods. Retail Entry Form.
Best Farmers Market:
- Entry is free, dates must be given on the entry form of when the market is open up to the end of July 2020. Farmers Market Entry Form.
Best Training School:
- Entry is free but a payment must be made to cover the cost of a course for one and dates given for availability up to the end of July 2020. Training School Entry Form.
If you wish to enter more than one category you are required to provide the necessary vouchers for each. Feedback reports will be available for a small fee.
Silver, Gold and Platinum awards will be awarded to outstanding Retail and Hospitality entrants.
Entries can be made online at www.fooddrinkdevon.co.uk/awards/entry-form
This year’s final deadline for entries is Friday 17 April 2020. Judging will take place over the following three months, a shortlist of winners will be announced in August and the winners themselves at the awards ceremony taking place in October.
Apart from media recognition and the prestige of using award success in your marketing if you’re a winner, every entrant who chooses to can get valuable and constructive feedback on their entry. The independent panel of experienced judges will mystery shop the Hospitality and Retailer entries, and blind-taste the Producer entries. For the small investment of time to complete your entry, you can receive a confidential appraisal of your products and services as they are presented to your customers, helping you maintain and improve your quality standards.
Please address all correspondence and queries regarding the awards to Ali Neagle on firstname.lastname@example.org, or Telephone: 07789 666064
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your entry!