Mexican Inspired Organic Jackfruit
What You Need:
(For the marinade)
- 1 tbsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp concentrated tomato puree
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tin organic young jackfruit
- Olive oil for cooking
What You Do:
- Blend all of the marinade ingredients together to make the sauce.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit and cut any large chunks into 2-3 pieces by slicing through the core. Place in a bowl and cover with the marinade, then leave for a minimum of 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- Shake off any excess marinade and shallow fry the jackfruit in olive oil until lightly browned. Serve with coleslaw or a green salad in a warmed pitta bread or bun.
View listing page for Ben's Farm Shops