Chocolate and Beetroot Brownie
Nat Tallents' Chocolate & Beetroot Brownies - a wintery twist on an old-time favourite! The full dessert (pictured) is available to try at The Box Kitchen & Bar, post lockdown.
What You Need:
- 250 g pack of cooked and peeled beetroot
- 200 g plain chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C Fan)
- Line a 20 cm/ 8 in square tin with grease proof or baking paper.
- Add the beetroot to a pan with 1/3 butter and warm slightly then blitz into a puree. You can chop but this makes it really smooth and beetrooty throughout.
- Measure the chocolate and 2/3 butter in a mixing bowl. Put over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted and runny. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla, sugar and whiz until well mixed, then add the flour, cocoa powder and beetroot puree.
- Whisk again, then spoon into the tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and just firm in the middle.
View listing page for The Box Kitchen & Bar