Britannia @ The Beach
Beesands, Kingsbridge, TQ7 2EH
A rustic beachside restaurant, situated on the National Trust Coast path, at Beesands, offering a full menu, specialising in locally caught seafood.
• Newly built indoor seating area enjoying stunning views across Start Bay (disabled access available)
• Fresh fish available to buy including Start Bay Crab, lobster, diver caught scallops and an ever changing variety of fresh locally caught fish.
• Takeaway Fish & Chips & much, much more
• Ice creams, freshly ground coffee and ice cold drinks
• BYO – bring your own wines/beers – a small charge applies, glasses/coolers provided
• Daily essentials available - milk, bread, groceries and toiletries
• Dog friendly – well behaved dogs on leads are welcome
• Free parking
Reservations recommended – We can cater for special occasions and group bookings are welcome, for lunch & dinner.
Why not sit outside or on the beach and crack a freshly cooked Start Bay crab or lobster? Hand-dived scallops or crevettes, pan fried with garlic butter are delicious!
At the shop you can also purchase a wide variety of locally caught fresh fish and shellfish, and have it prepared to your requirements, then packaged in custom made leak-proof foil bags, designed to keep the fish chilled for up to 2-3 hours.
The highest quality, tasty crab is caught in the Bay directly in front of us and if you time it right you may be lucky enough to see it being landed on the beach. Line caught bass, mackerel and pollack are in abundance during the summer months.
Telephone orders are welcome- please give a minimum of 24 hours notice, (particularly for cooked shellfish).
We are now open all year round, just taking a short break in January. Please see our website for up to date seasonal variations. www.britanniaatthebeach.co.uk
Open every day for takeaway.
Monday - Sat 10am -8pm