Introducing The UK’s First Eco-Laundry
Driving environmental awareness and a sustainable approach across the country’s laundry scene, The Eco Laundry is truly unique.
Established by inspirational Lola Grogan, The Eco Laundry is the UK’s first eco-friendly laundry service, revolutionising the sector with its environmentally ethical credentials. Through its use of renewable energy and zero plastic policy, the industry leading service offers hospitality businesses a professional, innovative approach to laundry while delivering sustainable results at an affordable cost.
What makes The Eco Laundry an eco-laundry?
- The water used during the laundering process is sourced from a water borehole. The spring water is fresh from its natural source, completely untreated and with no added chemicals.
- Lola’s energy efficient washing machines run on electricity generated from solar power and renewable energy.
- They have a biomass boiler, which runs on wood pellets, heating the natural spring water ready for the washing process.
- All the detergent used by The Eco Laundry’s dedicated team is top-quality and eco-friendly. Not only is this gentler on linens but also perfect for those with sensitive skin and allergies.
- They use no plastic. The laundered linen is carefully folded by hand and packed into industry canvas hampers allowing it to naturally breathe. Challenging the industry norm, you won’t find conventional plastic liners in any of their hampers.
Devoted to shaking up the industry to operate in a more ethical and sustainable way, Lola comments: “I was working with a number of holiday homes and couldn’t find a laundry which offered a fully environmentally friendly service, many simply offered eco-friendly detergents and that was it. I’ve always been passionate about using renewable energy and preserving and caring for our precious natural environment, it was therefore the next logical step to launch my own eco-laundry.”
Lola continues: “Nationally and globally there are very few laundries which have strong green credentials, especially ones which operate on a commercial scale. As a sector this is something which really needs to be addressed. In only three years The Eco Laundry has grown exponentially, proof there really is a desire amongst the trade for our service.”
The Eco Laundry is already working with Kingston Estate, Mitch Tonks’ The Seahorse, Barrington House, Turtley Corn Mill, The Sharpham Trust, The Cott Inn and Bespoke Devon. Commenting on the partnership, The Sharpham Trust’s House Manager, Denise Scribbins says: "We can now say that all our washing is done sustainably, and it's done locally just a few miles away."
Nicki Gray, director of Bespoke Devon adds: “We were one of The Eco Laundry’s first customers. Before using them, we wondered whether they would be able to achieve the high-quality finish that we expect for our customers, but we needn’t have worried. Our laundry is always returned sparkling clean and professionally presented. Our customers love the fact that we use an eco-friendly laundry service too, so it’s a win-win! The Eco Laundry is professional, efficient and a pleasure to do business with.”
For further information, please visit www.ecolaundry.co.uk. To hear the latest news from The Eco Laundry follow them on Instagram (theecolaundrycompany) or ‘like’ them on Facebook at The Eco Laundry.
View listing page for The Eco Laundry