Eversfield Organic's Sharing Sirloin Steak with Aubergine & Medita
What You Need:
- 1 Sharing Sirloin Steak 500g
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 bag Sweet Salad Leaves
- Handful of Fresh Mint
- 50g Medita or Feta
- 1tsp Honey
- 1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar with mother
- 1 small Garlic Clove
- Olive Oil
What You Do:
- Dry your sirloin with kitchen towel and set aside so it reaches room temperature.
- Slice the aubergine as thin as you can and brush with olive oil. Griddle on a high heat for 1-2 mins on each side so it’s soft and slightly charred. Set aside.
- Griddle or fry your steak to your preferred juiciness - We have done ours rare! Set aside to rest for 10 – 12 minutes then slice as thin as you like.
- For the dressing, finely chop the mint leaves then, using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic and a pinch of salt into a paste and mix in 6 tbsp of olive oil, the vinegar, honey and mint leaves.
- On your plate, lay out the griddled aubergine then your steak slices. Stack your salad leaves in the middle, crumble your medita and pomegranate seeds over the whole plate and dig in!
View listing page for Eversfield Organic