Lavender & Honey Scottish Shortbread
Buttery, golden shortbread with hints of honey and pockets of lavender. A true treat.
What You Need:
- 200g Plain Flour
- 60g Sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 small tsp Lavender Flowers, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 170. Mix flour, sugar, lavender flowers and lemon zest in a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips to create a breadcrumb texture then heat the honey and mix it in with a spoon.
- Squash, pat and push into a dough, don’t knead. Roll or press out until it’s 1cm thick then shape or cut out your preferred size and shape. Pop onto baking paper on a tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until it’s golden brown. When cooked, sprinkle over your sugar and decorate with lavender if you have some.
View listing page for Eversfield Organic