Pastrami Deli Bagels by Eversfield Organic
Undeniably one of lunch’s luxuries, this bagel is an absolute whopper. When sampled by Eversfield's photographer, Dave, this pastrami bagel was crowned as ‘the best lunch he had ever eaten’. Well, if that isn’t praise, I don’t know what is.
Give it a go for yourself – it’s minimal effort for maximum effect.
Preparation time: 5 minutes (plus 4-5 hours cooking time for the brisket)
- Dry cured spiced brisket/ smoked brisket
- Sesame or poppy seed bagels
- Dill pickles, sliced
- American or Dijon mustard
- Swiss cheese, sliced
- Unwrap your Dry Cured Spiced Brisket and place in a heavy pot and add a small mug of water. Replace the lid or cover tightly with foil and cook over a low/medium hob or in an oven at 140°C/120°C fan / Gas mark 2 for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pastrami from the dish and use a large sharp knife to slice the meat as thickly or thinly as you like.
- Cut your bagels in half and spread with mustard, and butter or mayo if you wish.
- Layer the bottom half of the bagel generously with pastrami slices, cheese and top with pickles.
- Replace the top of the bagel and get stuck in!
View listing page for Eversfield Organic