Spiced Lamb Shanks with Quince
With the evenings getting darker and the mornings getting icier, now is the time to master the art of slow cookery.
According to Eversfield Organic's experience, the 4 golden rules are:
- Chop it up and chuck it in.
- Wait for a few hours, stir it if you fancy.
- Find a delicious meal bubbling away.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Chop your onions, quince and garlic (chunky is fine!) then add to the pot with the olive oil. Slice a piece of lemon peel from your lemon and chop up fine, add to the pot then squeeze the lemon juice in too. Add your spices. Place your lamb shanks on top then pour over your broth. Spoon your tomato puree over the lamb and place your thyme sprigs on top. Add salt to taste.
- Cover with the lid and turn the slow cooker on to high. Simmer for 4 hours. It can cook for up to 6 hours if you’re out all day!
- Enjoy as it is or serve with crushed potatoes or a fresh crusty loaf of bread (try Baker Tom’s Seeded Spelt Loaf!)
View listing page for Eversfield Organic