Golden Roast Potatoes
Ghee is known for making curries it is also an amazing cooking oil and makes the crunchiest, tastiest roast potatoes ever!
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 ºC
- Cut the scrubbed potaoes into medium sized pieces. Place potatoes in a big pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile spoon 3-4 Tbsp ghee on to a baking tray and put in the oven.
- Strain the boiled potatoes in a colander and leave to dry off a bit for 2-3 mins.
- Shake the potatoes in the colander to scuff the edges.
- Take the hot tray with the hot ghee out of the oven.
- Carefully, one potato at a time turn to coat all sides with the hot ghee. Tongs are good for this.
- Crush a bulb of garlic and place in the centre of the tray of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with a good pinch of salt.
- Cook for 15 mins then check and turn the potatoes. Add some sprigs of rosemary. Cook for another 10-15 mibs until golden and crispy.
View listing page for Happy Butter Ghee