Classic Cranberry, Ginger & Dark Chocolate Florentines
Full of flaked almonds, dried cranberries and candied ginger, these Florentines are sweet biscuits with a hint of spice and packed full of autumnal flavours. Whilst they may look fancy these are surprisingly robust with a nice crack and crunch to them. Whether you make them as a treat or as a gift they are guaranteed to hit the spot on those sweet tooth cravings!
This recipe serves about 18. You will need two trays lined with baking paper.
For the full recipe, and to order the ingredients, visit our website: www.postalpantry.co.uk/classic-cranberry-ginger-dark-chocolate-florentines/
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g soft light brown sugar or demerara
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g plain flour
- 65g flaked almonds
- 40g sliced cranberries
- 25g crystallised ginger, chopped into small pieces
- 80g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 160 fan. Line two cake tins with baking parchment.
- In a pan heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low heat until completely melted. It should look a lovely deep butterscotch colour.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the flour until the butterscotch begins to thicken and lighten in colour.
- Add the almonds, ginger pieces and cranberries and combine until everything is evenly dispersed. Onto your lined trays, place a teaspoon amount of mixture well apart from each other and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch them closely and be aware that the florentine’s will spread, a lot!
- Once the biscuits are baked and look golden and toasted remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once liquid and smooth, dip the bottom of each biscuit in the chocolate and with a fork create squiggles before it sets completely.
- Once the chocolate has set firmly, enjoy!
View listing page for The Postal Pantry Co