Summer Berries & Cream Cake
We had some homegrown raspberries and locally sourced strawberries to utilise, so we made this super simple sponge loaf and topped it with cream and the berries. The outcome was absolutely delicious and it would be wrong of me not to share! The Postal Pantry stocks the sugar, flour, baking powder and Oatly Cream alternative you need to make this recipe. This particular cake we made using gluten free flour but you can use any self-raising of your choice. This is the perfect summer tea party addition and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g fine white caster sugar
- 4 free range eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of fine Sea salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 200ml double cream (or Oatly cream alternative)
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 punnet raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / GM 4.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- whisk in the eggs, then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into your two tins and bake for 25 minutes or until risen and golden. A skewer poked into the centre of the cake should come out clean once it is fully cooked.
- Whilst the cakes cool on a wire rack, whisk the cream until peaks form.
- Once the cake is completely cool, spread over the whipped cream and decorate with the raspberries and sliced strawberries. Share and enjoy!
View listing page for The Postal Pantry Co