Salcombe Gin 'Colheita Royale'
Inspired by Niepoort’s cathedral like cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal, this celebratory cocktail pays homage to the exceptional 20-year-old Colheita 1997 tawny port with which this limited-edition gin is entwined after ageing on the lees in the cask for a period of three months.
The Colheita Royale marries the classic autumnal flavours of sloes and damsons with the sumptuous Niepoort tawny port, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sour cherries, dark berries and crushed black pepper before being topped up with champagne for a truly celebratory cocktail.
For more info, please click here.
- 50ml Salcombe Gin Voyager Series ‘Guiding Star’ developed with Niepoort
- 15ml Niepoort Tawny Port
- 15ml vanilla sugar syrup
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 drops Bittermans Burlesque bitters
- 1/2 pipette of foaming bitters
- 20ml champagne
- Crushed freeze-dried blackberries
- Fill a coupe glass with ice and place to one side.
- Fill a Boston shaker with ice, add the Guiding Star gin, tawny port, vanilla sugar syrup, lemon juice and Burlesque bitters and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Double strain the mixture into the empty half of the Boston shaker, discard the ice, add the foaming bitters and dry shake for a further 10 seconds.
- Empty the chilled glass and long pour the mixture through a double strainer.
- Top up with champagne and garnish with the crushed freeze-dried blackberries.
View listing page for Salcombe Distilling Company