Strawberry & Vanilla Curd Roulade
A delicious dessert made with freshly picked Strawberries!
What You Need:
- 4 large free-range eggs, whites only
- 220 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 200 g vanilla or lemon curd
- 400 g strawberries, hulled and chopped, plus a few extra, sliced, to decorate
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
- Line a 30cm x 20cm tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites to medium peaks, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar, then fold in the cornflour, vinegar and lemon zest.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes, until there’s a crust on top.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Dust a large piece of baking parchment with icing sugar.
- Gently flip the tin to turn the roulade out onto the parchment; peel the paper from the base.
- When completely cool, spread with the curd and scatter over the strawberries berries.
- Roll up the roulade from the long side and transfer to a plate.
- Decorate with the extra berries and a dusting of icing sugar. Slice to serve.