Truly Treats Honey Cream Roll
The perfect addition to your afternoon tea.
It's light, delightful and truly delicious!
For more recipes visit www.trulytreats.com
What You Need:
For the Sponge:
- 90g self raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 25g desiccated coconut
For the Honey Cream:
- 25g unsalted butter, softened
- 40g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 190°C (fan) / 375°F / Gas 5
- Lightly grease a 30 x 38 x 2cm baking tray and line with baking paper, making sure it extends over the two long sides.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice three times.
- With an electric mixer whisk the eggs for 5 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Add the sugar gradually, whisking until it has dissolved and the mixture is pale and glossy.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour quickly and lightly.
- Spread evenly into the tin and bake for 8 minutes, or until the cake is lightly golden and springy to touch.
- Place a clean tea towel on a work surface, cover with baking paper and sprinkle with coconut.
- Turn the cake out onto the coconut and remove top layer of baking paper.
- Using the tea towel as a guide, carefully roll up the cake from the short side. Leave until cool.
- Beat all the honey cream ingredients with an electric whisk until light and creamy.
- Unroll the cake and spread with honey cream and re-roll. Trim off the ends with a serrated knife.
- Slice and enjoy!
View listing page for Truly Treats Ltd