Truly Treats Rhubarb & Custard Muffins
Makes 12 Rhubarb & Custard Muffins
For more recipes visit www.trulytreats.com
For the muffins:
300g self raising flour
75g plain flour
265g caster sugar
100g butter (melted)
1 medium egg (lightly beaten)
200g finely chopped rhubarb
1 tbsp demerara sugar
Icing sugar (for dusting)
For the custard:
2 tbsp custard powder
55g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C (fan) / 425°F / Gas mark 7.
- Line 12-hole (80mm) muffin pan with paper cases.
For the custard
- Combine custard powder and sugar in a saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the milk over a medium heat until the custard boils and thickens.
- Stir in vanilla and leave to cool.
For the muffins
- Sift flours and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine butter, milk and egg and stir into dry ingredients. Do not over mix; mixture should be lumpy.
- Stir in ¾ of the rhubarb.
- Divide half the mixture among the paper cases then top with custard.
- Divide remaining mixture over the custard, ensuring cases are no more than ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with remaining rhubarb and demerara sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle shelf.
- Leave to cool on wire rack. Lightly dust with sifted icing sugar.
View listing page for Truly Treats Ltd