Blackberry and lemon cheesecake in a jar
These cheesecakes are perfect to pack for a picnic. For more picnic recipes visit: www.tastebudsmagazine.co.uk/recipes
What You Need:
- 300g blackberries
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of a large unwaxed lemon
- 8 gingernut biscuits, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g mascarpone cream
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Knob of melted butter
What You Do:
- Gently heat the blackberries, caster sugar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a saucepan for a few minutes until the berries begin to burst.
- Remove the fruit and continue reducing the liquid until it is thick and syrupy.
- Mix the melted butter, cinnamon and crushed biscuits together and spoon into clean shallow jars or clear pots.
- Gently fold the remaining lemon juice, zest and icing sugar into the mascarpone cream.
- Spoon the cream onto the biscuit base. Top with the blackberries and drizzle some of the syrup over the top.
View listing page for We Make Magazines