Cauliflower, Celeriac & Almond Soup
This subtly nutty soup is a great starter or light lunch. Serves 4
What You Need:
- 70g flaked almonds
- 250ml water
- 1 cauliflower
- Oil for roasting
- Salt and pepper
- 1 brown onion
- Half a celeriac
- 1l vegetable stock
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp tahini (optional)
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan-assisted/gas mark 7.
- Put the almonds into a cup and pour over the 250ml water. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter into a roasting dish or baking tray and roast until golden.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the onion.
- Peel the celeriac and chop into chunky cubes.
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and celeriac.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften.
- Stir every now and then so they don’t burn on the bottom.
- Add a splash of water if needed.
- Add the vegetable stock, fresh thyme sprigs and almonds in water.
- Bring to the boil. Lower the heat then allow to simmer.
- Once the cauliflower is golden brown, remove from the oven and add to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Add the tahini (if using) and season generously to your liking.
- Serve the soup with toasted cumin seeds, crumbly blue cheese and croutons to give the soup some texture and pops of flavour.
View listing page for We Make Magazines Ltd