Tasty and substantial... this veggie burger cooks well on a BBQ.
What You Need:
- 150g cooked brown rice, cooled
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, smoked paprika, ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 230g black beans (or kidney beans), tinned is fine
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-assisted/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds and spices. Scatter over the baking tray and spread out. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown the almonds a little all over. Remove from the oven.
- Drain the black beans, rinse well under cold water and allow to drain. Pat dry with kitchen paper or a clean tea towel and mash.
- Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes in a non-stick frying pan. Allow to cool slightly.
- In your large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into burger patties. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side on a hot barbecue, griddle pan, pan-fry or under a hot grill until cooked through.
- Serve in burger buns with your choice of toppings.
View listing page for We Make Magazines