Winter Economy Plan & Further Restrictions - COVID-19
Here are the headlines from the Chancellors statement in Parliament on 24 September 2020 where a series of measures to help jobs and businesses were announced.
Further updates will be provided in due course as details are issued but Peplows provide a summary below.
Peplows also include more detailed guidance, produced by the Government, to accompany the announcement by the Prime Minister on further restrictions.
WINTER ECONOMY PLAN
- New Job Support Scheme
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Bounce Back Loans - Flexibility Given To Pay Back Amounts Borrowed
- Further Deferrals & Extensions
- VAT Cut for Hospitality Sector Continues
- Deferral of VAT Bills
- Self-Assessment Taxpayers – Time To Pay Extension
- New Rules on Wearing Face Masks
- New Rules and Restrictions on Businesses
- Restrictions on Groups
- Exemptions to the Rules of Six
- Guidance for Transport Operators
For further help and advice visit Peplows COVID-19 Hub.
Please be aware of coronavirus related scams, if in doubt ask. Report all HMRC related phishing emails and bogus text messages to [email protected] and then delete it.
What support can you get?
Answer a series of simple questions to signpost you to the relevant support, click here.
Please follow Peplows on social media to keep up to date.